And The Heads Start Rolling

Sunday, May 9, 2010

One incumbent down... Sen. Bob Bennett (R-UT)...
Bennett was a distant third in the second round of voting among nearly 3,500 delegates, netting about 27 percent of the vote.

Wiping away tears, Bennett called the political atmosphere "toxic" and said it's, "Clear some of the votes I've cast have added to that toxic environment, looking back with one or two minor exceptions, I wouldn't cast any any differently, even if I knew it would cost me my career."

The three-term senator was targeted by Tea Party activists and other groups for supporting the first traunch of TARP, or Troubled Assets Relief Program.

Bennett, 76, is the first incumbent to lose his seat in Washington this year.
FYI: "toxic" is career politicalese for "sour grapes". Enjoy your retirement Bob. Like I've said, Republicans have as much to fear this year as Democrats.

Label Cloud

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP